View from the Trenches

A new View from the Trenches is out and it contains a vast amount of ASL esoterica.  This is very good stuff.

There are helpful articles on halftracks, delux ASL and reports from tournaments.  Some pretty big names on these as well, as Ole Boe checks in.  As does grognard Jeff Shields with a nifty analysis of the classic Cold Crocodiles.

VFTT is free and I love it when people give stuff away that they could well be selling.  I think it is unfortunate that a lot of ASL players will buy crap that they will never play (sometimes selling it after it goes out of print on EBAY) and look down their noses at great stuff that is available for free.  Great work by my good buddy Pete Phillips (who I OWN.)

True story:  on my first journey to Double One, my train was about an hour and a half late.  Tournament director and anti-private rail activist Derek Cox told me to file for a refund, as there was some sort of rule that they had to refund a proportional amount of your fare if they were more than twenty minutes late.  Sure enough, three months later, I got a check for 30 pounds.  However, when I took it to the bank (I live in the country and there are no exchanges around) they told me it would cost me 5 euros more than the value of the check to simply deposit it into my account.  So I signed the back and sent it to Pete with a letter telling the bank that it was to cover my extensive bar tab.  By the time it got to him, the check was expired.

Also, Banzai!  24.3 is out from Texas ASL club.  Also good, clean, free ASL fun.  But I hate Texas because they don't know how to drive in the snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are SS bolts a Neo-Nazi Symbol?

Soviet Paratroops Early Disaster